Vice President Of Marketing and eCommerce
Position: Director of Digital Marketing (Multichannel)
The Director of Digital Marketing is directly accountable for driving performance across a portfolio of online marketing programs – PPC, SEO, CSE, email, catalog, display, affiliates, social media, and additional digital venues as the business demands. The role will develop online marketing strategies to drive qualified traffic to DietDirect.com, BariatricChoice.com and WonderSlim.com, resulting in sales and customer acquisition. Additionally, this role is responsible for researching/piloting new digital channels to continually position Diet Direct as a leader in the online/digital marketing arena. The Director will be expected to ensure that marketing is optimized across brand touch points and device types, with a full understanding of the social/mobile landscape. The position leads a team of dedicated internal marketing and ecommerce professionals and external vendors, who plan, execute, and manage all aspects of key digital programs. This position is accountable for meeting new customer, revenue, and margin goals, while managing a marketing budget efficiently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct accountability for driving website traffic, sales, and profitability for respective online properties.
- Execute strategic goals and deliverables for all digital marketing channels and oversee the tracking and monitoring of the program performance; identify any issues, adjust strategies accordingly, and allocate resources to maximize performance.
- Selection and relationship management of digital marketing agencies and technology solutions; ensure Diet Direct is utilizing best in class third party agencies and technology solutions and maximizing performance from those agencies and technology solutions.
- Direct the development, management and implementation of online marketing strategies/tactics to meet sales, margin, customer acquisition, and retention goals.
- Budget, monitor, and control all costs associated with corporate-wide digital marketing programs, initiatives and pilot projects.
- Track and report on campaign costs, performance and ROI throughout the demand generation lifecycle.
- Analyze and interpret key metrics/reports, recommend corrective action and ensure continuous improvement and effectiveness.
- Establish measures of success for the digital team’s overall and individual strategies and programs, and develop and manage systems for tracking progress and acting on results.
- Build strong working relationships with other departments and business units (Marketing, Ecommerce, Customer Service, Fulfillment, Administration, and other constituents) to ensure that all efforts are understood and supported across the organization.
- Coach, mentor and develop all members of the marketing and ecommerce teams. Monitor performance against goals and objectives, providing timely feedback and coaching.
- Manage all phases of initiation, creative, production and fulfillment processes for all catalogs, direct mail, and insert media.
- Develop segmentation, competitive analysis/market intelligence, prospecting, lead generation, product and market development, pricing, promotions, communications and budgets, strategic planning, and revenue retention and growth.
- Coordinate the production of public relations, media, creative, promotions and advertising.
- Seek out new ways to deliver messaging, such as mobile devices, video and social media.
- Position brands and build equity.
- Identify marketing opportunities and develop success strategies to leverage them.
- Other job duties as defined.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred.
- 8+ years digital experience with extensive experience developing and delivering successful search and/or display strategy in a dynamic, fast-paced environment required.
- 2+ years hands on experience in social networks, social marketing campaigns, and/or mobile marketing required.
- Experience in creating campaigns and utilizing multiple social platforms to build awareness, engage new and existing customers and increase conversion via site, store and other potential points of purchase.
- Proven experience with developing successful marketing campaigns via Facebook, Twitter and other relevant social media platforms.
- A ground-breaking leader with strategic, creative and financial acumen as well as a strong business intellect to take our organization to the next level.
- Proven ability to identify the metrics to drive success, measure KPI’s, socialize understanding, and drive initiative to completion.
- Demonstrated record of delivering effective strategies resulting in increased traffic and new customer acquisition.
- Strong experience leading teams as well as managing, coaching and developing direct reports required.
- Experience working cross functionally and interacting with, influencing and presenting to partners at all levels.
- Excellent communication, presentation, cross-functional collaboration and relationship building skills are critical.
- Strong strategic business analytical skills required.
Job Description Sample #2
Company and Position Overview
Barcodes, Inc is a fast-growing technology products and solutions provider located in downtown Chicago. Our products, software and services capture and manage data, providing intelligence about an organization’s products and assets. We help customers use better information to produce better results.
The company has private equity funding, a strong history of rapid growth and numerous opportunities ahead of us. We plan to make significant investments in our marketing team to help us achieve our goals. With the constant evolution of digital marketing and our product technologies, we require relevant and effective brand and product messaging, customer interfacing strategies, data analytics and sales engagement. The team’s projects will include evolving the online user experience, analyzing advertising and site data, enhancing customer contacts, creating digital media and further automating our marketing activities.
Reporting to the CEO, the Vice President of Marketing and eCommerce will join the senior leadership team and lead internal and outsourced resources. We are searching for a talented individual with broad marketing experience, strong business acumen and demonstrated leadership skills who is excited to tackle cutting-edge challenges and help build the company.
- Branding – Develop and execute brand strategies for the company’s multiple business channels, to include positioning and messaging that aligns with our product and go-to-market strategies
- eCommerce – Lead the ongoing evolution of our e-commerce strategy to increase lead generation, lead conversion and customer retention through website development, content development and organic and paid search activities
- Marketing automation – Further our marketing automation to scale our marketing activities across a large customer database and support a robust customer interaction and email strategy
- Sales enablement – develop tools and marketing materials to enable sales communication and maximize opportunity conversion
- Product marketing – evolve our product marketing to further enhance the customer research and buying experience
- Analytics – Use customer profile and activity information from CRM, web data and purchase information to deliver targeted content and user experiences
- Partner with our manufacturer marketing teams to leverage their capabilities, resources and collateral
- Market our capabilities and successes to our internal teams and partners
- Manage internal and external marketing resources
- 10+ years of marketing, brand or business management experience
- 5+ years of e-commerce and digital marketing experience
- Experience leading a marketing team
- Advanced knowledge of SEO, AdWords and Google Product Listing Ads
- Proven ability to drive ideas/initiatives to completion in an executive role
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills are essential
- A college degree and advanced education required
Our office environment is casual, professional and friendly, fostering an open sharing of ideas and rewarding strong performance. At the same time, we are fast-paced and looking for highly motivated team members. Barcodes offers a full benefits package. Please visit our website at www.barcodesinc.com for more information.
A proud member of many regional and national multichannel marketing associations, the Minnesota Association of Personnel Services, Database Marketing Institute and Advisory Board of Data University.