Vice President of Ecommerce
To drive sales and customer acquisition through the online marketing programs of the Company; oversee design and functionality of the website.
Reports to the President, works closely with the Executive and Management Teams.
Develop online marketing plan and strategies to meet revenue goals and metric objectives. Set up systems and processes to track activity and results against goals.
Supervise e-mail marketing campaigns, newsletter, affiliate programs, paid search, banner ads and other marketing activities to drive sales through traffic and conversion.
Manage customer acquisition and retention programs, including Gift Registry and Corporate Gift Program. Oversee online partnership relationships.
Website Design and Functionality
Direct website development, including content development, product selection, and creative design.
Oversee re-development of website to reflect key brand concepts, and maintain brand identity on an ongoing basis.
Direct website enhancements to improve conversion, including visualization tools, personalization, and a Collection Management System.
Maximize website design and content for search engine optimization.
Coordinate best practices research for competitive analysis.
Recruit, manage, and review online marketing staff; supervise and coordinate assignments and responsibilities of the various staff positions.
Coordinate and direct outside online marketing vendors.
Develop online marketing budgets, authorize invoice payments, and oversee cost controls.
Interface with other departments on web-related projects.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated success in overseeing development of website design and content; 7-10 years of experience in website management.
- Online direct marketing experience (7-10 years) in lead generation and customer acquisition.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to identify key performance metrics, and communicate analysis to management to drive decisions and actions.
- Empathetic to the brand.
Other Desired Skills:
- Strong project management skills.
- Supervisory experience; demonstrated ability to engender a team spirit in individuals supervised.
- Budget management experience.
- Additional direct marketing experience outside of e-commerce.
- Experience in working with online merchandising and sales, ideally in the luxury goods or home furnishings arena.
- Broad knowledge of e-commerce technologies.
- Experience with partnerships and business development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively.
|A proud member of many regional and national direct marketing associations, Minnesota Association of Personnel Services, Database Marketing Institute and Advisory Board of Data University.|