Director of Sales and Business Development
The Director of Sales and Business Development will represent the organization to prospective clients in a professional and ethical manner to close new business while assisting the organization to achieve its targeted revenue goals.
- Responsible for meeting sales quota in assigned territory/vertical market.
- Maintains a full pipeline of qualified "New Logo" opportunities at all times.
- Leads corporate initiatives on new business deals from prospecting to close.
- Establishes and maintains multiple points of contact within prospect organization, including CXO level.
- Utilizes organizationally directed strategic sales process methodology.
- Documents and updates all activities within assigned CRM system.
- Works collaboratively with management and fellow team members to identify and create appropriate sales strategies to close new business.
- Follows up on all leads in a timely manner.
- Represents the organization at industry related conferences and tradeshows.
Responsible for building teams/relationships both in the department and cross-functionally. Also responsible for directing and coordinating the efforts of other professionals working on projects including outside agencies. Has direct responsibility for one or more other marketing associates.
- Comprehensive understanding of the traditional (direct/catalog) and e-mail/digital marketing ecosystems.
- Documented track record of closing multi-year six figure TCV deals in the marketing services space.
- Proven/verifiable history of meeting and exceeding million dollar yearly quotas.
- Strong verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
Ability to work as an individual contributor while still having a positive impact on the overall team environment.
- High energy, ethical and self-motivated individual.
Proficiency with Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook preferred
|A proud member of many regional and national direct marketing associations, Minnesota Association of Personnel Services, Database Marketing Institute and Advisory Board of Data University.|