Digital Marketing and Direct Marketing Executive Search
(Now optimized for your mobile device)
Bernhart Associates Executive Search, LLC, since 1991,is a nationally recognized and leading boutique executive search firm focusing in Digital Marketing, Multichannel Direct Marketing and Ecommerce across all major industries, agencies and service providers, BtoC and BtoB. We are also a leader in the placement of digital and direct marketing sales and business development professionals. More than 15,000 digital and direct marketing professionals receive our widely followed quarterly trending hiring surveys. Click on the sign-up tab above to opt-in.
We also believe in the greater good. Bernhart Associates contributes $500 from each placement fee to a charity of the client's choice.
Just crossed 10,000 connections on LinkedIn. Thank you to the thousands of digital and direct marketers who have chosen to include me in their "inner circle."
"The State of Digital Media Marketing Conference" - University of Missouri, St. Louis. Jerry joins a panel of distinguished digital marketing and ecommerce experts, authors and thought leaders to examine the latest trends in digital media at the J.C. Penney Conference Center.
-- Watch for AdAge's upcoming white paper on the rise of Big Data, featuring an interview with Jerry Bernhart on how the growing demand for analytical talent is impacting recruiting. What are the skill sets marketers need, and are they available? Do all aspiring marketers need technical skills with big data, or is that strictly the domain of data analysts? How do technical individuals fit into the organizational structure of agencies and marketing departments? This in-depth research report is expected to be released in mid-May.
-- We are currently working on no fewer than three Vice President-level searches and four Director-level opportunities, as activity has picked up significantly in 2013. A very positive sign, indeed, for the employment outlook in digital and DM.
"You're alternative when the thundering herd of resumes fails you"
Our Focus Areas:
- Multichannel Direct Marketing Recruiting
- Digital Marketing Recruiting
- Ecommerce Recruiting
- Analytics Recruiting
- CRM Recruiting
- Database Marketing Recruiting
Our experience, track record and reputation sets us apart:
- Described by the Direct Marketing Association as "an expert in direct and digital marketing hiring practices (and) a prominent source and thought leader." Named on Marketing Sherpa's list of "Best Headhunter and Recruiter Sites for Marketing, Advertising and PR Pros." We speak your language, we understand your challenges and we help solve your business problems by providing talent that moves your business forward.
- More than 22 years experience as a nationally prominent digital and multichannel direct marketing recruiter, ecommerce recruiter, marketing analytics recruiter and CRM recruiter. Our reputation has been built on an extensive cross-referenced network of long-term relationships and valued referrals. We're recognized as a "go-to" source for digital and direct marketing talent. Our guarantee: We won't waste your time sending you resumes you don't want to see.
- Jerry is literally "writing the book" on careers in digital marketing. His book on current and future career opportunities in ecommerce, social media, mobile marketing, SEM/SEO and web analytics will be published this summer.
- Jerry Bernhart launched and ran directmarketingcareers.com for 7 years. He is the only ecommerce recruiter in the U.S. who has had hands-on experience launching, designing and managing a nationally marketed commercial ecommerce business. In 1995, Jerry recognized that the internet was going to be a business game changer and at its peak, directmarketingcareers.com featured more than 600 job postings representing a who's who of leading online brands including Eddie Bauer, Amazon, eBay, Office Depot, Dell, CDW, Newegg, Victoria's Secret, Williams-Sonoma, Systemax, L.L. Bean, Orchard Brands, Macy's, Overstock.com, buy.com, Musician's Friend, Cabela's Nike, Oriental Trading, Abercrombie & Fitch, peapod, plus hundreds more. directmarketingcareers.com twice made the CareerXRoads list of top specialized job posting websites. "It gave me the in-the-trenches experience and knowledge to speak at a deep level with employers about their ecommerce operation, from a technical as well as strategic perspective. This is truly what sets us apart when it comes to recruiting ecommerce-related talent." For more on our specific digital marketing and ecommerce recruiting capabilities, please visit our dedicated Digital Marketing and Ecommerce website.
- A highly defined, time-tested and proven 12-step recruiting process with a 97% one-year success rate for placed candidates. We put a laser focus on what matters most: Ensuring the right culture fit.
- Quoted by AdAge, American Marketing Assn, CBS Radio, BtoBOnline, MarketingProfs, DM News, Target Marketing, CMO Council, Brandweek, Marketing Sherpa, Chief Marketer, DMA, DIRECT, Mobile Marketer, AdWeek, Seeking Alpha, Chief Marketer, TOPIX, and many more industry leading publications. Jerry Bernhart is a recognized thought leader in digital and direct marketing industry trends. See our Press and Articles pages above for our extensive library of downloadable articles and interviews.
- More than 2,500 Endorsements on LinkedIn for Skills and Expertise in Digital and Direct Marketing, Ecommerce.
- Extraordinarily high visibility with more than 10,000 individually selected first-level LinkedIn relationships with those who are at the forefront of digital and multichannel direct marketing, ecommerce, marketing analytics and CRM. This gives your search almost unequaled credibility and access to star talent.
- Described by Marketing Profs to be among the "experts and in-the-trenches marketers who know what they are talking about." We sure do.
- Jerry Bernhart conducts each and every search assignment. The all-important task of recruiting is not delegated to staff recruiters or researchers.
- We recruit nationally, all locations.
- Selected by the Direct Marketing Association to produce the Employment Outlook Report, a first-of-its-kind, comprehensive report on trends in talent acquisition and retention in digital and direct marketing, sold in the DMA Bookstore.
- High rate of multiple searches per client. Much of our business is repeat business
- We understand the specific requirements of Loyalty and CRM talent, and where to find A-level performers. For more on our specific CRM and loyalty recruiting capabilities, please visit our dedicated CRM Recruiter website.
- More than 180 positions in BtoB placed over two decades and former keynote speaker at the Business Direct Group. We understand the very unique requirements of BtoB multichannel marketing.
- Contributor to the highly acclaimed "Data Mining Cookbook" by Olivia Par-Rud, and founding Advisory Board/Faculty Member of Data University. Our candidates know the importance of leveraging data mining and marketing analytics into actionable knowledge.
- Since 1995, Director of Executive Search for the CRM and Database Marketing Institute, founded by renowned email and database marketing expert, international speaker and author Arthur Middleton Hughes. We know where to find, and most importantly how to qualify, the best available talent in database marketing, data mining, marketing analytics and loyalty recruitment. To quote digital media consultant Dan Taylor, "If you're not measuring, you're not marketing."
- Author of "From Cell Phone to Sell Phone: Hiring the Best Mobile Marketers," published by the International Journal of Mobile Marketing. We are uniquely qualified to help you fill your mobile marketing positions.
- Clients include leading agencies, service providers and marketers across all major industry sectors of all sizes. Small or big, we can help your business grow.
- A popular blog on marketing industry trends in digital and multichannel direct marketing, ecommerce, analytics and CRM recruiting and retention strategies. We're a recognized thought leader.
- Our clients appreciate the fact that we are available 12 hours a day, 6 days a week.
In December of 2009, and earlier in February of 2005, Jerry Bernhart was featured on the cover of Target Marketing Magazine along with other leading experts, discussing how marketing industry trends are shaping the way digital and multichannel marketers do business.
Hundreds of prominent digital and multichannel direct marketing companies including marketers, agencies and service providers, participate in the Bernhart Associates Digital and Direct Marketing Employment Report. Since 2001, it has been the most widely followed and quoted employment survey in digital and multichannel direct marketing and has been conducted in partnership with the Direct Marketing Association (DMA). We invite all employers to participate. Click here to opt-in. You'll find results of our latest quarterly survey on the Survey Results page. Past data can be found in the DMA Statistical Fact Book.
We're very actively involved in online social media. Be sure to follow us on Twitter for our latest career opportunities and our popular Tweetchat, the only online digital and direct marketing employment forum of its kind.
You can also become a fan on our Facebook page.
Bernhart Associates can help you fill your talent pool faster and more effectively by designing comprehensive in-house talent acquisition and retention strategies that draw on best practices in recruitment and talent management, specific to digital/direct marketing and ecommerce.
Bernhart Associates conducts research on salary an
incentive compensation data. Ask how we can help you ensure
that your compensation packages are competitive.
Examples of Recent Placements by Bernhart Associates:
- Vice President of CRM
President of Ecommerce
- Chief Marketing Officer
- Director of CRM
- Vice President of Direct Marketing
- Sr. Director of Customer Analytics
- Vice President of Loyalty
- Director of Sales/Business Development
- Director, Direct-to-Consumer Marketing (latest position filled)
We do not delegate the all-important tasks of recruiting, interviewing and negotiating to research associates or junior staffers. Jerry Bernhart personally makes each and every contact throughout the entire recruiting process, leveraging his extensive experience and nationwide cross-referenced contact network to locate, evaluate and help you hire top performers.
Because we accept a limited number of searches, we are not
hamstrung by "off-limits" boundaries. Our candidate pool is
practically unlimited. In most instances, we can
have qualified candidates on your desk within just two
Recruiting Process is time-tested, and highly defined.
We highly value our client relationships. We immediately notify you when we surface extraordinary talent, we offer you guarantees on every search and extended terms for companies in a pinch.
We believe digital, multichannel direct marketing, ecommerce, analytics and CRM recruiting is an ever-changing process, requiring different methodologies and approaches as market conditions dictate, so we regularly attend seminars and conferences to stay on top of the latest trends in digital and multichannel direct marketing recruitment, search and placement.
Jerry Bernhart has given roundtable sessions on negotiation skills at national direct marketing conferences, so you'll know that your search is in the hands of a highly skilled negotiator. Finally, we represent you as if we were employed with you ourselves. In short, we become your business partner.
Bernhart Associates is a proud partner of the The Direct Marketing Association (DMA), which joined us in producing the 2009 Employment Outlook Report, and has distributed the Bernhart Associates Hiring Survey to the DMA membership.
For your direct and database marketing needs, Bernhart Associates refers clients to The Wheaton Group, for more than 16 years specializing in database construction and hosting, data management, analytics and consulting.
Cornerstone3, an executive coaching and consulting firm, helps leaders and teams expand their leadership skill-set, improve their overall effectiveness and achieve results that matter. Todd Alexander, President and Principal Consultant of Cornerstone3, is the former Chief Sales Officer and VP of Leadership & Culture for Taylor Corporation.
Douglas Berger Communications represents Public Relations for the Bernhart Associates Quarterly Digital and Direct Marketing Hiring Survey. Doug is the former Executive Director of Communications for the Direct Marketing Association (DMA).
Bernard Silverman and Affiliates contributes research and analysis for the Bernhart Associates Quarterly Employment Survey and Report. Bernard (Bernie) Silverman has more than 30 years experience leading research and analytics for the some of the most established and successful service providers in digital and direct marketing.
Web design and internet marketing expertise is provided by Chad Monson. Chad has been providing ecommerce solutions for multichannel marketers for more than 15 years.
|A proud member of many regional and national direct marketing associations, Minnesota Association of Personnel Services, the Database Marketing Institute and Advisory Board of Data University.|